Aug 30, 2022
"We all have wisdom" - Mingyur
Isra García interviews world-renowned Tibetan Buddhist leader
and meditation teacher Mingyur Rinpoche. Also known for authoring
three New York Times best-seller, The Joy of Living: Unlocking the
Secret and Science of Happiness, Joyful Wisdom: Embracing Change
and Finding Freedom and In Love with the World. He is also the
headmaster and spiritual leader at the Tergar Community, an
international network of Buddhist meditation centres. Mingyur
integrates Tibetan meditation with the current scientific
understanding of the mind and mental health.
"Don't control too much, fin the
In this rich and profound but brief conversation, Mingyur
Rinpoche and Isra explore a vast range of topics; from getting the
best meditation, awareness and finding joy to his take on
psychedelics, winning over anxiety, panic and fear and how to
practice compassion and love for getting the most out of from our
"Don't fight the monkey mind"
"Make yourself a friend with
everything" - Mingyur Rinpoche
Interview main topics (and index)
- The most prominent Turning points in Rinpoche's life
- How has Mingyur learned to transform the panic and anxiety
attacks he had when he was a child through meditation
- What would Mingyur say to any child that is facing any kind of
fear, anxiety or bullying, and also what to say to their
- How to be truly happy in today's world, the (secret)
- What Mingyur Rinpoche found out after 10 years of solitary
- What happened when Mingyur Rinpoche decided to leave his
monastery to wander through India, and the experiences that touched
- Mingyur's meditation journey so far - how his practice has
evolved over time.
- Rinpoche's take on psychedelics and meditation.
- Mingyur Rinpoche's daily routine - habits that stand out or
excel from the rest
- The three persons, dead or alive, have influenced him the most,
why and how.
- Three great teachings from three masters he has learned
- What is s the practice that has proven most essential for
- The suffering he did find while training as a monk was most
difficult to endure.
- About mystical experiences.
- The joy of living in 2022 and how we can find it.
- Meditation, Science, psychology, physics and neurology.
- Where to start when Mingyur starts teaching meditation to
someone that has not practised before and wants them to make a
giant leap in their awareness?
- The one single mistake advanced meditations keep on repeating
over and over.
- Practising compassion daily and how we can introduce it in our
- Effective for westerners.
- A meditation practice for busy or impatient persons.
- Rinpoche's take on love.
- Recommendations for people who have derailed from their path of
self-discovery and need to find their way back.
- Self-talk to employ when potentially inappropriate anger o
hatred begins to surface.
- Learnings about writing the New York Times Bestseller The joy
- Critical points to take into account from his book Joyful
- Where and how did Mingyur Rinpoche find harmony?
- He uses teachings or techniques when helping others cope with
often tricky and harmful experiences.
- Rinpoche shares a story that significantly impacted him when he
heard it for the first time.
- Something that is challenging him at this moment.
- A skill practice he has found significantly rewarding besides
- Three books have changed Mingyur Rinpoche's life.
- His biggest takeaway on life so far.
- Final message
"If you remember your breath, you are
Podcast show notes
"Believe in your goodness" - Mingyur